- Fill the tub with a little water. Usually, 2 to 3 inches of water will do. Depending on the model, you can place some tubs in the sink or regular bathtub.
- When you have undressed your baby, immediately place them in the water so they won't get cold.
- Place your baby feet first into the tub while holding their head with one hand. Make sure that their head and neck are well above water at all times.
- To keep your baby warm in the tub, gently splash or pour warm water over them.
- Wash their face and hair with a washcloth, and shampoo their scalp at least once a week.
- Wash the rest of their body from top to bottom with warm water or a wet washcloth.
- Carefully lift your baby out and pat them dry with a towel. Don't forget to dry their creases as well.
You should never leave a baby unattended in a tub, even for a second. They can quickly drown, even in a shallow amount of water.